After the soft launch of Seat 14A in June, we posted this article on Hacker News and got an overwhelming amount of interest and valuable feedback via the comment thread and emails which lead us to recently re-launch seat14a.com.
Here’s a quick rundown of the feedback that we have implemented:
- Ensembles should be complete > we have now added cotton t-shirts which were absent in our first version.
- Ensembles should be volume based (magazine like) vs. seasonal. > We renamed our first collection to the “Hauz Khas Hipster” from “Dilli Summer” which will be available all year round to cater to different seasons globally (US / Australia) and also will allow us to cater to an international audience.
- We should have a broader selection of base ensembles vs. just 1 > We now have 3 different ensembles to choose from.
- We should have someone modeling the clothes > We had our friend Arun help us with that.
- Our social media should reflect what we are about (Travel and Men’s Fashion) > We put some work into blog.seat14a.com (along with Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter).
- Our stylists should be able to recommend other items she feels would fit well with the curated ensemble. > We have added a “Curator’s Choice” option to one of the packages.
- We should introduce a gifting a mechanism where the gifter can be involved in the process. > The sender will now be able to work directly with the local stylist to curate the receiver’s outfit.
- Our shipping should be quicker. > Now, we are using priority air shipping globally (shipping time is down to 3-7 business days from 2 weeks)
From the customers we have had, the feedback has been extremely positive, especially around the uniqueness of this concept. Our next steps include working on our next volume of collections which will include sweaters and work friendly ensembles.
As a thank you to the Hacker News community, we are offering a discount until December 1st, 2012. Use the discount code: HNEWS to receive $10 off.